GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR AIR CONDITIONER: Spring HVAC Maintenance
- Before summer begins, have your home’s air conditioning system cleaned and checked by a reputable dealer.
- Invest in a good quality whole-house air filtration system designed to capture a high percentage of airborne dirt and debris to protect your equipment investment. Clean or replace the filter every 30 days or per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Add insulation to your attic and weatherproof your house by covering all exposed windows and by weather-stripping all doors and windows.
- Keep programmable thermostats at 78 degrees (F) or higher when not at home (for each degree you raise the thermostat above 78 degrees, you save up to five percent on cooling costs). If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider purchasing one. It’s worth the investment.
- Dust or vacuum the vents in your home often to ensure the free flow of cool air.
- Make sure your attic has adequate ventilation.
- Make sure the registers (vents) in your home are open and not obstructed by furniture.
- Close your drapes or blinds, especially when you’re not home, to keep your home cooler and save energy.
- If you have a whole-house humidifier, make sure the damper is in the “Summer” position.
Routinely replacing or cleaning the filters will help your air conditioner operate smoothly. Clogged or dirty filters block normal airflow and can reduce a system’s efficiency over time. In addition, take a walk around your yard. If trees or other plants shade your home, make sure that leaves and sticks are regularly cleared away from your air conditioner.
>> Schedule Spring Tune-Up for your Air Conditioner to stay cool all summer with Gibson Air by calling 702-388-7771 or filling out a service request form on our website!