Save energy in your home and reduce your carbon footprint with these steps.
What better way to observe Earth Day than to make some simple changes that will help you save money, conserve energy and reduce your environmental impact? Here are 8 ways to reduce your energy use for Earth Day and beyond. View our energy saving tip infographic for a helpful guide!
Ways To Reduce Your Energy Use For Earth Day
Change Home Air Filters
- A dirty filter will make your air conditioner work harder to keep you cool. A clean filter can save up to 15% on energy bills.
Use A Power Strip
- Lower the energy usage from your electronics with a power strip and save up to $200 per year on energy bills.
- Properly insulating your attic can save up to 20% on air conditioning costs.
Install Programmable Thermostats
- Save up to $100 a year on energy bills with an automatic home thermostat.
Wash Clothes In Cold Water
- About 90% of the energy the washing machine uses goes towards heating the water. Washing in cold saves energy, saves your clothes and could help save the planet.
Replace Inefficient Appliances
- Make sure all appliances have the Energy Star logo, they use up to 40% less energy. If your air conditioner is older than 10 years old consider replacing for a new energy efficient unit.
Plant Shade Trees
- You can reduce cooling costs by up to 25% by planting a tree near your home to help shade it.
Schedule Air Conditioning Maintenance In The Spring
- You can save up to 40% on your home energy bills by scheduling AC maintenance every year. Make sure your AC unit is running efficiently by taking advantage of our $59 maintenance coupon!
View our Infographic with tips on how to make your home more energy efficient.
Schedule Air Conditioning Service In Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin
The experts at Gibson Air will ensure your home is energy efficient as possible so you’re saving energy and money in your home all year round. Take advantage of our current air conditioning coupons – schedule your spring AC maintenance now to ensure you’ll stay cool and comfortable in the summer with our $59 maintenance coupon or save huge on a new energy efficient air conditioning system with our current instant rebates for up to $750 for new AC systems!